As you all know from reading my “12 Facts About Me” , one of the struggles I have with my EDS and PoTS is dealing with a forever ending list of intolerances to food – the main ones being gluten, lactose, fructose, yeast and histamines (including lots of vegetables and fruits) – and going out to eat at restaurants can be very difficult and awkward for me trying to find something on the menu that I can actually eat!
Wow! I cannot express how impressed I am with all the chefs (JR, Michael, Nester, Lacon) and servers at the Greenbelt Marriott Hotel since checking-in at the start of January. They have been outstanding and have gone above and beyond my expectations of any hospitality service/business accommodating for my special dietary requirements due to my EDS and PoTS. They have even created my own personalised daily menu sourcing all my super-foods and organic food products that I need to ensure that I am receiving all the top-quality vitamins, nutrients and minerals during this time where my body is recuperating from surgery and healing.
JR has even re-created my highly nutritious, delicious breakfast smoothie which includes mix of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe/honeydew melon, hemp seeds, flaxseeds and almond milk! So so divine!
The chefs have cooked such incredibly delicious dishes and have said that they are enjoying the challenges of cooking “not the american norm” food. Having a list of restricted food ingredients is making it more exciting and adventurous for them to test out new recipes and push their culinary skills to another level.
Some of my favourite dishes so far have been:
- Pan-fried duck with spinach, finger potatoes and asparagus
- Mussels, shrimps, medley of vegetables with quinoa and a white wine sauce
- Grilled chicken pesto, kale, medley of vegetables with brown rice pasta
- Asian style salmon, medley of vegetables with rissotto
- Rib-eye steak with finger potatoes and garlic kale
- Home-made vegetable soup broth
- Gluten free blueberry pancakes
- Gluten free oatmeal with mix of berries and agave nectar
- Poached eggs with salmon, avocado, mix of breakfast potatoes
- Lancon’s famously deliciously omelettes (egg whites, ham, peppers, olives, spinach and goats cheese) – always get this in the weekend when it’s a breakfast buffet
There are so many other dishes that I could list, but I will definitely try and make sure to regularly post more images of their amazing creations they have been cooking. All of the chefs working here at the Greenbelt Marriott Hotel need a huge “round of applause” and recognition for their innovative efforts! You have made my stay here at the hotel extra special!